Friday, December 16, 2011

My Antonia Questins

 Willa Cather in her novel My Antonia (yes, a signal phrase) offers her view of life during the pioneer time.

 How would My Antonia be different if it were told from Antonia's perspective?
   I believe it would be better in Antonia's perspective because Cather is a girl and wouldn't have to pretend to be a man. I believe it would be more realistic but that is my opinion.

How effective is Cather, a woman, at narrating a story from the point of view of a man? Does Jim sound like a man writing, or does the narrative sound like a woman pretending to be a man?
   Cather is pretty effective pretending to be Jim but at times you can tell its a girl narrating but very rarely.

 Why do you think Jim changed the title from Antonia to My Antonia?
    Jim changed the title because this isn't about every Antonia. It's about the Antonia that he new in his head and he said my because people may not have thought what he thought about Antonia.

No comments:

Post a Comment